Monday, August 17, 2009

Praise Him!

Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you TRUST in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."


Today was a great day! I want to start off by saying Thank you so much to all of you who are praying continually for us... its working! God is so good! He is totally answering prayers left and right and He deserves all of our praise for his divine intervention!
Yesterday, we went to the local hospital to talk to the head of all the nurses to see if we could volunteer and work with the nurses. We had some connections thanks to Miguel (thank you so much!) They were really excited to have us come work with them! We started today! Today I worked with the neonates (newborns) it was so fun! I followed around one nurse (Eunese) who really showed me the ropes! She was a great worker and I really got to learn a lot! We gave the babies baths and changed all of their linens and clothes. It was a great opportunity! As I held each individual baby I felt like God was speaking to my heart to pray for each one of them and commit them to the Lord. Praise God for awesome opportunities such as these! While I was working with the newborns Eunese (the nurse who was teaching me) refused to speak any english to me even though she knew some! This was a challenge at first but i actually really appreciated it because this definitely helped me learn quick and stay on my toes. She was such a sweetheart! Chels and I are meeting up with her tomorrow before we start work again because she wants to show us all the different food from Tabasco! We are pretty excited!
The plan is from here on out working at the hospital every day during the week and possibly also starting some english classes in the evening. Thank you again & Keep Praying! Love you guys!

Laurie

1 comment: