Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gracias a Dios!

1 Timothy 1:!2

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to HIS service."

As the end of our trip draws near (one week left!) , the Lord remains faithful to His work! We started out our day by joining our fellow American friends who are running an optometry clinic in town to do our best to help translate for them!! This was a really good learning opportunity for us and helped us practice a lot of our spanish! They are definitely doing some great work over there providing glasses and eye exams to people who can't afford them at regular price. They are also providing sunglasses for the residents here. Because of how strong the sun is, much of the community has problems with their vision. This was a very fun experience for us!

After we finished at the clinic, we came home and prepared our stuff to go into the community today! We were both so excited to get to the community and smother the little ninos with love! Of course I want to sneak one home in my suitcase :) I mean that shouldn't be a problem ... right? ? We taught basic english and played games with them! They love to practice their english, it is really sweet! My heart truly breaks for the community of people living there. My prayer is that the Lord reveals His love to each and every one of them. It really humbles my heart to see their joy and I realize how much I truly have been blessed with in this life. I pray that the Lord continues to humble my heart even as I return to the states.

The Lord is continuing to answer our prayers left and right! Praise Him!

Short Blog tonight! It has just been such a blessing to be here in Mexico with such a sister in Christ as Chelsea :) love her!!!

Thanks for prayers as always. Continue to pray for us as we will be in the community tomorrow and friday we believe!

Dios te Bendiga!

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment