Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Love love love!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight"
Proverbs 3:5-6
(This is the verse we had the kids memorized today!...in espanol of course!)

Wow, I didnt realize how long it has been since I last blogged!! Sorry, I guess I've got a lot to catch you up on hermanos y hermanas!!

Well since I last blogged I saw another c-section at the hospital!! Soo awesome!! And this week I was in the "Cunera" (nursery, I think is the translation) or "Cuna" for short! There were two babies in the cuna, both days old!! awww so cute huh? Like I mentioned before how there are some big differences between US hospitals and the ones here....well walking into a hospital room in the US we almost always wear gloves. Here, I never ever wear gloves! In fact, I did a TOTAL bath on a baby, wearing no gloves...total bath my friends....sin guantes! Thats a big no-no in the states! haha The babies are sooo precious, its simply unbelievable and definitely a miracle!!

Over the weekend, we attended church in the poorer community! (The same community I left my heart in!) We made plans to come back during the week. So today was our first day there, we will be there tomorrow and friday hopefully! It was such a blast/blessing, God is so good!! We had a class of about 8 kids who were very enthusiastic about learning the alphabet, months of the year, and a couple phrases in english. We also played a fun game they taught us, and hung out for a while. They kept asking what their names were in english and would laugh hysterically when I said it. There was this adorable and super energetic (reminds me of my cute bro....miss my Carson!) little boy, Daniel. He came storming in after our english class, ran up and gave me a huge beso(kiss) on the cheek and kept runnin around the church (wrestling with the other boys, sliding down the aisle, acting like superman...typical little boy action!). We got him to slow down enough for a second to give Laurie a kiss too! ;) And when we held him up to take a picture, he went back and forth between kissing my cheek, then Lauries, mine, Lauries...haha The older girls are so sweet, and all the kids caught on really fast to the english we taught them! But Laurie and I are really nervous, please pray, because they asked us to do special stuff at their service saturday (Lo's giving a message and Im doin a song....scary!!!)I cant wait till tomorrow to share with you more stories!

Also, we went to this clinic people from the US are running to get glasses for Abuelita. While there, they asked if we would come back and help translate. Not sure how much of a help I really am, but its fun anyways...a good healthy challenge! Its so awesome to see first hand how the Lord provides opportunities and opens doors! Laurie knows a lot of Spanish and is an awesome translator! I'm so grateful we are together! Im so encouraged by these wonderful people who are here doing there best to serve the mexican community! The thing I love about all the Mexicans I've met is they pretty much all immediately make you feel welcome, like family! At lunch they of course force-fed us some good grub. AAannndd serenaded us with some fun songs! (a girl cant complain, let me tell you!) Oh! Also, today we got delicious crepas (crapes), Laurie and I were gonna share but they gave us each one. When we asked why they said it was to welcome us, Mexican tradition? Love that tradition! And apparently when someone invites you somewhere they pay for you...if thats the case I think I'm in trouble!

As always, thanks for your prayers hermano's y hermana's!! Im so grateful! God is faithful! :)
Love-
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment